LEARNING OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM.
We support schools across Rhode Island by planning, constructing and managing large-scale renewable energy solutions with a focus on community outreach and engagement.
Since 2009, Green Development has helped schools across Rhode Island incorporate renewable energy into their programs with a focus on community outreach. Our projects offer schools the unique opportunity to connect renewable energy education to the classroom through hands-on learning, field trips and real-time data.
We do more than save the environment. We build healthy, thriving communities that define Rhode Island.
Our renewable solutions have benefited schools and community life around Rhode Island. Yours could be next.
- Installed a wind turbine at Portsmouth High School
- Providing energy to West Warwick and Porstmouth schools
- Saved $44m for West Warwick over 25 years from the purchase of three wind turbines, using clean renewable energy bonds.
- Zero upfront capital requirements
- Stable, low energy costs for 25+ years
- Mitigate future risk and cost uncertainty
- Incorporate renewable energy into the curriculum
We conduct an initial site evaluation and financial analysis
You sign a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with us
We plan, construct and connect a remotely located renewable power system at zero upfront cost
You pay for the power you consume at a fixed discount
We maintain & analyze the power system while you save on your utility bills
You renew the agreement after 25 years
We provide the sites, the financing, and the expertise to transform your school’s energy profile. All you need to do is get in touch with us.