POWERING RHODE ISLAND’S FUTURE
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team! If there’s not a specific position that fits your qualifications, you are welcome to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS
Location: North Kingstown, RI
Position: Full time with competitive pay and benefits
Green Development is a Rhode Island based company that develops, constructs, interconnects, finances and operates offsite commercial scale wind and solar projects. The company has a track record delivering reliable, inexpensive, clean power to municipal and state entities including 18MW of operational wind projects and a growing development pipeline.
The Project Developer will work collaboratively with the Green team to manage the renewable energy project development and including contract negotiations, permitting, reporting and support the business development and construction functions.
- Project Development and Management
- Create project development budgets, scopes of works and schedules and manage projects through the development process
- Work with Business Development team to ensure optimal siting of renewable energy projects
- Run real estate title reports and review for critical issues
- Match project sites with power purchasers and coordinate required utility paperwork
- Create and update project proformas
- Project Permitting
- Communicate with municipalities and state agencies to determine appropriate permitting paths for wind and solar projects
- Attend evening meetings as needed to secure project permits
- Manage engineering partners in submission of required municipal and state permits
- Contracts and Negotiations
- Lead PILOT and other applicable negotiations with municipal entities
- Coordinate power purchase agreement negotiations
- Coordinate lease execution and recording
- Review and negotiate interconnection agreements
- Coordinate equipment and subcontract agreements as needed
- Business Development Support
- Support internal efforts to generate responses to RFPs and customer presentations
- Other Ad Hoc tasks as required
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a project development or project management role, experience in renewable energy preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude required, some knowledge of financial concepts preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to deliver engaging presentations to wide range of stakeholders
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
THE GREEN DEVELOPMENT DIFFERENCE
Green Development is passionate about transforming and diversifying Rhode Island’s energy portfolio. We partner with our clients to provide a renewable energy solution that’s best for your specific needs. Our hands-on approach to each project allows us to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients and partners throughout the process.
Our expertise in financial and legislative requirements, supply chain and logistics, and technological advancements, along with efficient project management will give you peace of mind knowing you have experts working with you to create a sustainable solution that meets your needs.