POWERING RHODE ISLAND’S ENERGY SOLUTIONS, ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME.
We support cities and towns across Rhode Island by planning, constructing and managing large-scale renewable energy solutions that stabilize energy needs and reduce energy costs.
Through the Renewable Energy Standard (RES), Rhode Island has established aggressive energy goals that require utility providers to procure a portion of their energy from renewable energy sources. In addition, Rhode Island’s Office of Energy Resources offers a remote Net-Metering policy that allows state and municipal entities to invest in renewable energy projects and receive credit from National Grid or another utility provider for the energy generated. Our experience working with public sector entities has equipped us for the unique challenges faced by each city and town in Rhode Island.
Through Our Renewable Energy Solutions We’re Building a Stronger, Healthier, Greener Rhode island.
- Removed and replaced the Town of Portsmouth’s turbine and paid off the town’s debt.
- Saved $44m for West Warwick over 25 years from the purchase of three wind turbines, using clean energy bonds
- Established the first municipal power purchase agreement & off-site renewable energy project
- Zero upfront capital requirements
- Saving operating capital
- Forecasting electricity budgets for years to come
- Mitigating risk and cost uncertainty in the future
SIMPLE STEPS. POWERFUL RESULTS.
We conduct an initial site evaluation and financial analysis
You sign a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with us
We plan, construct and connect a remotely located renewable power system at zero upfront cost
You pay for the power you consume at a fixed discount
We maintain & analyze the power system while you save on your utility bills
You renew the agreement after 25 years