COVENTRY WIND (15 MW)
This 15 MW project consists of ten 1.5 MW wind turbines located in Coventry, RI. Several turbines are located on land owned by and leased from the Town of Coventry, while others are built on land leased from private landowners.
Nine of the ten of the turbines were completed, interconnected, and operational by the end of 2016, followed by the final turbine in Q1 of 2017.
The Narragansett Bay Commission owns, operates, and receives net-metering credits for the energy produced by three turbines. Three additional turbines are owned and operated by the Town of Warwick, which also receives net-metering credits. The remaining turbines participate in the Renewable Energy Growth Program (REG) through National Grid.
CAPACITY: 15 MW
Piggy Lane, Flat River Road, Victory Highway, & West Log Bridge Road, Coventry, RI
COMMERCIAL OPERATION DATE:
Q3 2016 (80%); remaining 20% by Q1 2017
Ten Vensys V82 1.5 MW Turbines with 82-meter blades, mounted on 85-meter towers
AVERAGE ANNUAL SYSTEM PRODUCTION: